Though the rest of your body is still energized and ready for anything, the blood flow to your skin and your body’s natural exfoliation process both start to slow down at the age of 30. So does your skin’s oil production, which can leave your skin looking dry and rough. Your skin can also look patchy, as not all of your skin shows signs of aging at the exact same time.
A host of stress in the modern world take their toll in the skin. More and more women are experiencing dull skin color all over the face.
Dullness is more a problem of appearance than of the skin itself. Dr. Deepti describes “dullness” as a decrease of skin rosiness, the corresponding increase of yellowness and the dark look caused by shadows over uneven skin surfaces. The most common causes of dullness are Sun exposure (UV), dark spots, uneven pores, fading radiance, wrinkles and sagging.
Dullness can be classified into:
- Chronic Dullness: caused by Aging process
- Periodic Dullness: caused by fatigue, lack of sleep and the effects of the season.
- Drink plenty of water
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables
- Decrease the intake of caffeine and sugar
- Wear broadspectrum sunscreen (SPF 30)
- Daily exercise