For most people the signs and symptoms of dandruff are unmistakable white, oily looking flakes of dead skin that dot your hair and shoulders and an itchy, scaling scalp. But it’s not quite that simple – many conditions cause excessive skin scaling including Dry skin, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, cradle cap, contact dermatitis.
Appleskin’s Anti dandruff Treatment purifies and comforts the scalp to provide relief. Help eliminate the symptoms of dandruff and helps prevent their reoccurrence. Regular use helps control flaking and relieves scalp irritation.
Some common causes of dandruff are the following
- Unclean habits
- Stress and emotional problems
- Skin diseases like psoriasis or eczema
- Dry skin
- Hard shampoos & sensitivity to hair care products
- Exposure to severe cold
- Excessive intake of oily and sweet foods
There are certain precautions that should be taken by a person suffering from dandruff. Following these simple things could avoid contagion of dandruff.
- Avoid using combs used by other people. Especially, when a person is suffering dandruff, never use his/her comb. Dandruff is highly contagious.
- Pay attention to the cleanliness of your hair. Make sure you take care of your hair and maintain it clean and healthy. Following a hygiene and healthy hair care regime can keep away dandruff to a great extend.
- Use anti-dandruff shampoo at least once a week. While washing your hair, avoid the water from your hair dripping down your face as it may cause pimples.
- Do not allow your hair to remain wet for a long time. Leaving the scalp wet for a long time facilitates growth of dandruff.